Skip to content

Wing is Done (not really)

April 25, 2012

Over the last two weeks I’ve done a few things to the wing to get it ready.  One thing that I did was to install safety wire on the bolts that hold the bell crank to the spar.

Safety wire or scarifactor?

It took me 30 minutes, 2 feet of wire and a pint of blood to get this twist right.  The wire is like a syringe needle.  I’ve got scrapes and punctures all over my hands.   I hope that safety wire wrapping gets easier, otherwise I’m going to run out of blood.

Another thing that I did was re attach my flap.  I was looking at it and it just didn’t look good.  I’d left quite a few things un-done and decided that I had to completely finish it before storing it away.

I’ve written about this before, but it is a real temptation to just say “I’ll get it later” and want to move on the the next piece.  But that is a really bad idea.  What if you forget things that need doing?  Besides, you’ll just be procrastinating tasks that you wont want to do later.

I’ll post some pictures later of what I did, I’m real happy with how things turned out with the flap.

Advertisements

From → Build Log, Flaps, Wings

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: